Saturday, March 16, 2013

Moving...

Nick and I have been looking a lot into traveling overseas, but i seems pharmacists are not in as high demand as they once were.
From his research he would have to be an intern for a year before being able to be what he already is.

Sooooo now what?

We knew Midland was not going to be our final "settling down" area, but where will it be?

I think we were both hoping that more people would be settled by the time we were done with adventures and we would have more clarity on settling.

We have been considering these options:
PROS
Colorado- my parents, kirsten, skiing.
Austin- I have lots of friends there, my cousin (who is going to have another baby and I woudl like to know it) , awesome city.
Norman- we already have a house there, we already have friends, It would not be hard for me to get a job or Nick for that matter. Also, Nick's parents live in Edmond.
Where the heck is C going is another question. I want to live with her again or near her!
Portland? The dream of the 90s? Right L?
I bet there are more places we could go for just a little while and have a blast. About 2 years ago I thought it would be an adventure to work on Hawaii???? Maybe?
CONS (to me)
Colorado- Driving in snow, the cold.
Austin- The traffic and parking
Norman- Been there done that.
I'm not sure. Got to sort it all out in my head.
I would really like to be closer to family and friends.

...... How does one decide these things?

7 comments:

  1. I noticed there were no cons listed for portland... only 1.5 hours away from Eugene which is where I'll be! Slash add Eugene to the list! ;) Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I forgot...
      CONS:
      Really far away from everyone I know, except you and my Aunt who live in Eugene.
      I have never been there and no idea what it is like.
      GOOD ENOUGH?!?!?!

      Delete
  2. obviously i think you should move out here! and here are some other things: 1. the snow really isnt bad to drive in, but yes, you may need a four wheel drive car, especially if you plan on skiing. but its honestly infinitely worse when it snows/ices in oklahoma. 2. there are so many fun things to do outside during every season. you never feel like youre stuck inside because its too hot or too cold. 3. denver has amazing food! amazing! 4. you can work with me at the most wonderful childrens hospital!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is because it is great! and you could live in boulder, college town! there is a great pumpkin patch up there as well as lots of yoga festivals/workshops.

      Delete
  3. I vote for Austin so that I can see you every time I come home!!

    ReplyDelete