Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bachelorette weekend, thoughts, and things

Such a fun weekend was had! I have told a few a you stories, so just listen again.

We drove to Ft. worth stockyards around 11am, I had worked that night and was living on about 2.5 hours of sleep. Gross. I fitfully dozed on the way.
We got there and immediately started gettin' did up. I believe I was the first one ready due to all the other girls having to tease their hair west Texas big (which I am getting better at). Though I did decide to don some fake eyelashes, they looked awesome... for a few hours.
We went to a restaurant called fish daddy? I cannot remember!!!!
Anyways, I had this delicious sauce on my fish that was pretty much butter and garlic. ( is there a drag queen joke somewhere in there? Girl I'm serving up butter garlic fish! Shnapper!) And I started to get to know the other ladies.
Dori's sister in Law to be- very west T name of Kenye Kay (pronounced kenny kay) Midland socialite, pharmaceutical rep - knew who Nick was based on the description "mohawk". Recently divorced, two kids, also recently lost a ton of weight and decided to treat herself to a lift and tuck- good for you!

Kenye Kay's friend Elizabeth- born and raised Midlander as well. Also recently divorced, one kid, lookin' for some hot cowby love. And boy did they want to give it to her. You should have seen this woman at the bar- good at the flirtin'. I had a few drinks bought for me only because she somehow had them bought for the whole group.

Lavonne- co-worker, quiet but not shy, religious but not down your throat, just a good girl. From a Wisconsin dairy farm, moved to Midland for an oil man's love.

Alyssa- Born and raised Odessa (Midland's BFF) co-worker as well, parents recently moved to Oklahoma City and so we had an instant bond, very classy and sweet. I would have liked to get her more drunk... maybe in MEXICO!!!

Me- Awesome.

Nicki- Dori's step sister, one kid, lives in ft. worth, still a pretty fun/ normal lady for having a child and wanting more. I admired her for that.

Dori- the kick ass bachelorette.

So after dinner we went to Pete's piano bar. It was the exact same Pete's that we went to for Meg's Bach. I was excited, and I also knew that I was probably the weirdest.

From the beginning Dori ordered a double vodka and I knew it was on!
I can't remember how many double vodkas we ended up ordering but it was many. I had only brought 200$ and I was going to try to make it last. I decided when I moved to Midland to try and reach a goal to save a certain amount of money... well I am well below my goal!
But when you're drunk it stops mattering. I kept buying drinks and giving those dang piano players money to put Dori on stage,  all the while yelling "it's in the budget!" when it clearly wasn't.
That time of the night rolls around when you stop giving a shit and you decide to start dancing on the people all around you, regardless of their wants. If my memory serves me correctly, I tried to get all weird on Alyssa, lavonne, and Kenye Kay. By that time the bachelorette was shwasted and we got weird together!

If ya didn't know Dori has a giant rock on her hand. It could probably tear a good chunk out of your face if she slapped you.
Kenye Kay tried on her ring and took a silly picture with the veil. Then I pretended like the ring was lost for a few seconds, then I tried it on and made the most hideous face I could conjure (knowing that Nick might weird out if he saw it, but if the face was hideous enough it would just be funny) and then everyone else went around the table making faces with the veil and ring.
Yesterday, I called my mom and she told me that my aunt thought I might actually be engaged because she saw that ugly ugly picture... hahaha freak.

Anyways, the veil I made kept falling out of Dori's hair and we were all having fun trying it on and being silly. Well, I had it on for a moment and Dori wanted to go dance near the stage (I think) and I went knowing that unless they were playing thriller we would probably be kicked off, and yes we were- immediately. We went back to our table and on the way a girl asked me who the real bachelorette was and the convo went like this:

"Oh, haha she is (pointing to Dori)."

"So, why are you wearing the veil? Are you really jealous?"

"Um, no. I made it and it just fell off her head."

"So, she hates the veil you made her?"

Oh my goodness bitch! Shut up! I gave a drunken laugh and just moved on. Some people can be so negative and hateful.

The rest of the night is a little blurry. Dancing.
Oh, and the eyelashes I mentioned before became crazy looking and I had to peel them off in the middle of the night. Goodness...

Night numba 2:


























So I hung out in bed all day nursing a wee hangover before puttin' on my boots and doing night 2!
This is a fake bull that only starts vibrating mid picture. Hence my inappropriate face. I felt like I was getting it on with that girls back. Awkward.

From left to right.
Kenye Kay, Elizabeth, Dori (everyone notice the veil I made), Lavonne, Morgan, ME!, Alyssa, Rachel and Pheobe.

Someone not in our group told us that in order to dance with one of the bachelorette party one had to give Dori money. And so she earned 75$! And we all danced. like prostitutes.
It was mostly two steppin' couples so after a few hours we went to another bar down the way. It was country and rap! YEAH! Dori went wild and might have earned a spot in the OUPS with her dancing on strangers skills. She even humped a chair!
Needless to say my neck was sore from hair flinging and it was great! I don't think ive been that  sore since a good night at the drag show or opies!
I can't give you any details, because I don't remember very much besides arms flinging and veils flying.

Hope you enjoyed this extremely long post! Good for you if you read it all!
T

5 comments:

  1. how fun!!!! i wish i was there to see the eyelashes get all weird. i have a very funny image in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! I love all the descriptions of the different girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I loved the stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw sounds like so much fun! i miss dancing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great weekend! I'm sure Dori had a wonderful time celebrating with you and is lucky to have had you there!

    Your descriptions of these girls is equal to your description of yourself.

    ReplyDelete