Friday, June 15, 2012

The past yearish in one blog...

Soooooo... I want to start blogging again. Especially since we seem to be getting farther away. I am really pathetic when it comes to staying in touch as well. Everyone blog and then let's start calling each other more often. Deal?

Pictures from the past year. In no particular order of sequential dates. I feel these are the things that have shaped my life this year. Please read, enjoy, and most importantly comment often.


We had to put Bru Bru down. It still feels weird not having his happy face around the house. I miss and love him dearly. He was 14.
On a happier note. These two fell in love and all of that other junk... either way, we'll see if it works out... ya know, etc, etc.
(Sorry, this is sort of an inside joke. One time Nick was sending his grandma a birthday card and he wrote: to grandma, happy birthday and what not,
cheers,
Nick
So we erased all that nonsense and put something actually meaningful. )
And we have decided to move in together down in Midland, TX soon... and all that.

I have worked in OU Medical center's NICU for the past two years. I feel like I have learned 200% more than when I started, but it is amazing how much more that I could know and experience. The education of a nurse never feels complete. There is always some new research study out or whatever. It can be exhausting, but at least I feel like I am forced to use my brain. In the next year I have a goal of earning a certification in my field. I can't decide if I want it to be specialized in NICU or move on to lactation consultant (9-5 job, on dayshift, no deaths). Would it be weird if I am consulting ladies on their boob juice without having ever produced any of my own?
I have already helped quite a few moms breastfeed for the first time, and when the baby latches on (and all that other stuff i'm sure you are dying to hear about) it truly is amazing. It is ok if you do not understand. 
 Oh, and I just put in my letter of resignation. My last day in June 19th. I am going to miss everyone there, but I am excited for a change.
 One of my best friends in the entire world got married! and I got a huge trip to europe.
C got a blood clot. I was freaking out the entire time. This is my crazy stream of thoughts... well, if C dies I can't go on, and if both of us are gone mom probably won't, and if C, mom and I are gone what will happen to dad? Hahaha, so glad everything turned out fine after clotty was removed. I have never really been that scared in my whole life. I stayed with her in the hospital for 4 days and have never slept so horrendously. 
It did give me some perspective on my tiny baby's parents. You lose any control over the situation and put someone you care about into a (hopefully) skilled stranger's hands. 

 L moved back! Thank god. Now everyone else should too... although I guess I am leaving... wah wah
We have had a great year! She has learned how amazing it is to live with me... or frustrating and messy?!?! either way... hahaha, we have had so much fun! Love you L!

Well, I think that is about it. I hope this post finds y'all in good spirits!

One story? OK!
Last night Brad, Jessica, L and I went to The Boom. It was trashy Thursday and the drag queens were out in full force, performing their asses off for dollar tips... or more. There was a male dancer who came out as the last performer of the night and starts dancing. Jessica screams at me to give her a dollar so she can tip him. He comes over to our table and reaches for the dollar, she pulls it away closer to her, an obvious sign that he is going to have to work for it. He says "you want the banana." pulls out and peels a banana and then gently puts it into Jessica's open mouth, and seconds later is thrusting the banana full force into her mouth while holding the fruit near his private area. Jessica is laughing and choking and pulls away with most of a banana in her mouth. Hahahaha, I don't think I have laughed so hard in my entire life. 
You make him work for that dollar, girl!
Get you some banana!
Love, T

3 comments:

  1. i love your blog post!!! i'm sad that i didn't know a lot of those things :( and i'm super excited for you and nick! grant and i are 95% sure we're moving back to ok/texas next year and i'm so happy we'll be closer to everyone. i can't wait to see you! and hear more stories and have adventures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You blog too, Callie! Want to hear everything! or I guess I could call?

      Delete
  2. bahahahaha that banana story is hilarious!!! im glad i was finally able to read this post! love!

    ReplyDelete